Thursday, August 18, 2011

Introducing: Faerie Wings!

I have been a busy bee since that last post. I went camping for a week and spent the rest of the time working on that "mysterious project" of mine. Well, I unveiled them at the Riverfest craft fair, and since then I've put the ones that didn't sell on my Etsy site. So here they are: Faerie Wings!





I have really enjoyed putting these together, and this is just the first batch. I have plans for many more. I am trying to make some that match some of the masks I have available, for stunning Halloween costumes and more. In my Etsy listings, I've already suggested matching masks and accessories right in the descriptions. It is such a joy for me to see people get excited about them. I love all of my accessories, but I think costuming is my absolute favorite. I've always loved Halloween, Mardi Gras, masquerades (hell, my wedding was a masquerade party) so this is definitely the way I love to do things.

Faerie Wings section of my Etsy shop

In other news, I made it about two weeks with my sketch-a-day commitment until I kind of took a break. (read: I haven't done a sketch in about a week.) This is mainly because of the stress of the craft fair, but it's been almost a week since the fair and I haven't really made an attempt to get back into it, so I need a kick in the butt. I finally have a full day off that I'm not spending cleaning or re-organizing or listing Etsy items, so I have no excuse not to get one done today. Keep an eye on my Twitpic feed to see my sketches, my new products, and more. I promise I'll get back to it!

I have two fairs coming up in September, so I'm looking at another busy month. Speaking of things I haven't been keeping up on... Remember the walk I vividly described in the last post? I haven't taken one since, unfortunately. I've been suffering with knee pain for awhile, but lately, it has gotten much worse. I've been managing it with a knee brace and naproxen, and I made it through camping and hiking just fine, but I haven't braved a nice long walk in awhile. I want to do more walking before the weather gets too cold. I love autumn very much, but it is a bit of a depressive season as we head into the frigid winter months.

~Segue~ Speaking of autumn (lol) I have been listed in a few more treasuries, and made one of my own. Here are the links:
Deep in the Forest
What do you MEAN that was POISON ivy???
Autumn
Fall is Comming [sic]
All Hallows Eve
And the one I made: New England Beach

That is it for today. I will tell you more details of how the Riverfest craft fair was and all about the upcoming craft fairs next time!

Listening to: A Particularly Vicious Rumor
Pics: I was going to post a few more autumn-themed items, but Blogger is being stupid at the moment, so I'll add them next time! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment