Monday, November 14, 2011

The Impossible Green Woman

I've been failing miserably at keeping up on blogging lately, but I really wanted to stop in and show you this picture:
Yes, that is the lovely Kim Boekbinder wearing one of my leaf masks. I've blogged about her before, about her tour and amazing ideas and personality. I sent her a care package with a few lovely items and she graciously modeled one for me and tweeted a picture. She also sent me a thankful email which warmed my heart. I love artists that have such a great connection with their fans.

Halloween was a busy time for me. In my last blog, I told you about some custom orders I did. My favorite one was an order of eight autumn leaf masks for a LARP. They were a joy to make, and I've been promised pictures, which I will share with you as soon as I receive them. I wore a leaf mask as I handed out candy to the trick or treaters. Hopefully I didn't scare them too much. Lol.
For Halloween events, I decided to go as a sugar skull girl. I had helped make accessories for so many other people's costumes, I didn't have much time for my own. So I found a thrift store skirt, paired it with a matching top, had a friend do my hair in victory rolls, and painted my face all pretty. (The second picture was taken on a different day, thus no victory rolls. Sadness.)




I have my last craft fairs of the year coming up this weekend. I'll be spending this week preparing. They are just some small local ones, but still pretty fun. Because of the upcoming holidays, I'll be taking a little break from crafting so that I can concentrate on the handmade gifts I love to give. I will still be taking custom orders, just not making very many new items. In the meantime, my Etsy shop is all decked out for Christmas/Solstice. The front page is loaded with holiday items and warm knitted goods, and as always, the rest of my shop is loaded with goodies for all year round. Check it out!

I promise to blog sooner rather than later this time, and I'll be including some treasury love. I was in a LOT of Halloween treasuries so it will take me some time to compile the list. I'll be including the LARP photos and more fun news and info. Happy November!

Listening to: Amanda Palmer's Ukulele Anthem

No comments:

Post a Comment