Saturday, November 20, 2010

Joke's on Me...

Friday night, I got ready for the craft fair. My husband and I finished a table-top stand we built just for this show, seeing as it's an indoor one and I don't have the room for my standing displays. I spent awhile sifting through all my inventory, picking only what I thought I could fit in my limited space. I went to bed early(ish).

Saturday morning I got up early, got dressed, and packed up the car. I drove to the venue and noticed there didn't seem to be anyone else there. I drove past it slowly, confused. That's when I noticed the large sign out front. "Craft Fair, Sunday the 21st!"

Whoops.

I have no idea why I spent the last week thinking it was Saturday. I even wrote it down in my datebook as Sunday. Had I even bothered looking at my datebook, I would have discovered my error before getting up early and getting all prepared for nothing.

Ah well. At least it was an in-town venue, so I didn't drive far at all, and now I'm all packed up and ready for tomorrow. I decided that since I hadn't meant to be home anyway, I would take a day to myself for once. I watched movies and knitted personal projects and cooked lunch for my husband and stayed in my pajamas and generally enjoyed my day. (What you have to realize about the cooking statement is that I generally don't cook unless I can take my time on it, and I usually use the excuse that I have no time. Didn't have that excuse today!)

I currently have four knitting projects on sticks right now. I almost almost almost am done with one, halfway done with another, barely started on the third, and the fourth will never be done so I'm probably going to turn it into something else. Lol. Of course, I also have my two painting projects, the practice and the commission, one nearing completion and one barely started. I'm also working on some cameos and other accessory projects. Sometimes I feel like I'm biting off more than I can chew, which is why I said in my last post that I wish I didn't have to sleep. But I'm sure I'll make everything by their deadlines. I'm sure. I'm going to keep telling myself that.

Early to sleep again. Getting up early for the craft fair for realz this time ;)

Listening to: Rasputina
Pics: More items that will be at the show tomorrow :D



No comments:

Post a Comment