Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tiny Top Hats

Since there was such a large gap in between posts, I'd like to try to catch you up on my activities over the past few months. The Mothman LARP masks featured in my last post have definitely taken up a good chunk of my time, but of course there are always other projects to keep my hands and mind busy.

Today I'm featuring my tiny top hats. I love tiny top hats - they are so very Victorian, and the possibilities for adornment are endless. Here are a few I've put together, some recent and some not so much.

Ivory Rose and Tulle - a simple yet elegant clip on hat with a beautiful fabric rose, a twist of tulle, and ivory peacock herl feathers.


White Lace and Feather - a beautiful applique wrapped around the clip on hat, featuring a fluffy white feather.

Dogwood Flower and Ivy - the clip on  hat is a subtle dark green, featuring a dogwood flower, ivy leaves, and a few natural and dyed bright green peacock herl feathers.

White Lace and Black Rose - the clip on hat features a band of white lace and a matching white lace bow, and a black glittery rose with black leaves. (This item is sold.)

Deer Antler and Ivy - the plastic clip-on hat features ceramic deer horns broken off an ornament, with ivy leaves at the base of the horns. This is my favorite, and I will be sad to see it go!

I hope you enjoyed a peek at one of my favorite things to make. I hope to be making more extravagant tiny top hats in time for Halloween, to suit your costuming needs! As always, check out my Etsy store for more interesting pieces, and message me if you'd like custom work!






No comments:

Post a Comment